We are so excited to announce that a new quilting mystery is about to commence!
Designed by Leanne, this is a fun project to help you use all those pesky scraps we accumulate but don’t know what to do with.
But don’t worry if you don’t save your scraps… you can still join in! Leanne has put together some great bundles to help you get started.
You also don’t need to be an experienced quilter to participate. Even beginner or intermediate quilters can join in. It is assumed that you know how to operate your sewing machine, how to cut fabric with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat. ***Not recommended for brand new quilters***
The finished quilt size is 55″x 70 but is easily adapted to a smaller or larger quilt.
For a sign up cost of $20.00.
You will receive:
- Six detailed instructions released one step per week.
- Each weeks instalment will contain detailed instructions with pictures and videos so you have a clear idea of what you need to do
- Embedded links to materials/tools Leanne uses in the pattern. These are not essential but will make sewing easier.
- Weekly challenges to keep you motivated and on track.
- A Saturday night check-in group zoom meeting to answer any questions you may have and to share our progress.
What you will learn:
- How to choose fabrics to make your quilt ‘sing’
- The importance of contrast
- How to prepare your fabrics
- The basics of improv piecing
- Getting an accurate 1/4” seam
- Lining up seams to meet perfectly
- How to get borders to sit nice and flat and keep the quilt top square
- Piecing with scraps
- How to minimize stretch
- How to baste a quilt for a smooth finish
- How to quilt using a walking foot
- How to free motion quilt
- Leanne’s personal tips and tricks she uses to get great results
- How to machine bind a quilt with continuous binding
- The importance of labelling your quilt (including an exclusive Sewing Connection 2020 Mystery Quilt label for you to print on fabric or hand embroider
- Meet and connect with other quilters working on the same project in our weekly zoom meeting
- Make a treasured heirloom to be enjoyed for many years to come
Sign Up HERE
Purchase Low Volume Pack here
Buy Brights pack here